[Mongrel] Mongrel and http 1.1 OPTIONS keyword

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Dec 10 19:57:18 EST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:38:19 -0500
Yves D'Astous <yves.dastous at intertrade.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I just seen some errors in my mongrel application log:
>
> It seems related to the httpd OPTIONS keyword
>
> Example:
> Processing LoginController#login (for .30.5.208 at 2007-12-10 09:00:23)
> [OPTIONS]
> and our ruby application does not know what to do with it. and finally
> send an error
>
> Does mongrel (which is the http server) is supposed to deal with these
> kind of request ?
> I think these request are coming from a MS Front Page application, what
> other are doing when these requests happen ?

If you need to tell options to remote servers then you can write the handler that returns them.  Most applications don't need this since they run rails, and usually the web app would have a different interpretation for each option they wanted.

Otherwise, I suggest telling your front server to quit asking that.  It's dubious feature at best which doesn't do anything for a proxy server situation.

--
Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/