[Mongrel] Mongrel and http 1.1 OPTIONS keyword

Yves D'Astous yves.dastous at intertrade.com
Mon Dec 10 13:38:19 EST 2007

Hello.

I just seen some errors in my mongrel application log:

It seems related to the httpd OPTIONS keyword

Example:
Processing LoginController#login (for .30.5.208 at 2007-12-10 09:00:23)
[OPTIONS]
and our ruby application does not know what to do with it. and finally
send an error

Does mongrel (which is the http server) is supposed to deal with these
kind of request ?
I think these request are coming from a MS Front Page application, what
other are doing when these requests happen ?

Yves D'Astous