[Mongrel] what is the correct way to stop/start a mongrel instance using monit with mongrel cluster

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 01:44:30 EDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 10:37 PM, Alexey Verkhovsky wrote:

> On 8/9/07, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:
>>         So the better way to go about it is to use mongrel_cluster
>> with the
>> --clean and --only options.
> Better than runit or telinit, or some other way to run it in
> non-detached mode? Why?

	As far as I know runit does not support restarting when memory or
cpu limits are hit and does not support making http health checks to
the backends. I like runit myself for some things but monit works
very well once you have a good config for it and offers more options
for controlling your mongrels.

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Founder & Ruby Hacker
-- ez at engineyard.com