[Mongrel] a new upload progress bar

Ry Dahl ry at tinyclouds.org
Wed Apr 25 11:30:18 EDT 2007

I've just seen this too and I think it's a better way to go: sending
JSON instead updates instead of js function calls.

Note, it appears that the lighty plug-in does not stream this
response: you are still required to poll the server for each update.

a streamed response from an XMLHttpRequest call (to avoid the use of
iframes; but I can't seem to get it to work with Safari YET) I plan on
changing both my mongrel plug-in and prototype code to send/receive
JSON instead of javascript functions now.

ry