[Mongrel] [ANN] Another mongrel_cluster prerelease 1.0.1.1

Bradley Taylor bradley at railsmachine.com
Wed Apr 11 17:12:59 EDT 2007

Sorry too many things going on... I was looking at the soft option.

Reviewing the code (Zed correct me if I'm wrong), stop and restart both
call the same stop method. The graceful handling of an in-progress
request is the same.

Restart also has some funky semantics when used in a cluster where it
reuses the the command line arguments. This means that you can't modify
the cluster configuration and apply the changes with a restart. The
standard behavior of a linux (freebsd, etc) service is that
configuration changes are reread on restart (apache, mysql,etc). So for
the purposes of mongrel_cluster, restart == stop;start. Running a single
mongrel with its own configuration file would behave as expected.

Bradley