[Mongrel] monit vs mongrel cluster

Alexey Verkhovsky alexey.verkhovsky at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:15:20 EDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:
>         The reason it's not in mongrel is because bradley made the
> mongrel_cluster gem and so Zed saw no reason to add the same stuff in
> mongrel.
>         I have asked for a --clean option for the mongel_rails command that
> would cleanup PID"s but I haven't had time to make a patch,

Same story here. I keep meaning to sit down and write that patch for
the last 10 days or so. If you get there first, please ping me

Another daemonization problem to look at is this: when there is no pid
file, but the port is bound to some other process, 'mongrel_rails
start' silently exits with exit code zero. Meantime, the .pid file is
created a few seconds AFTER 'mongrel_rails start' is done. This is not
as important as above, but kind of not right, and in the same area.