[Mongrel] Mongrel dying daily with Ruby 1.8.6

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Wed Apr 4 11:27:56 EDT 2007

Thanks for the tips Zed, I will uninstall + reinstall all of the
gems.  There is also a new version of fastthread, which I just
installed.  In the words of the author:

"Well, just when I thought I was done with fastthread, it turns out
that the version of fastthread merged into Ruby 1.8.6’s thread
library had a couple serious bugs. So, here’s a new version of
fastthread which can serve as a hotfix until the next Ruby release."
- MenTaLguY, http://moonbase.rydia.net/

We made the switch to 1.8.6 for the reputed 10% speed boost.  We're
using it on our in-house server that runs our beta app, and we're not
upgrading the customer servers until this is stable.

Thanks for the help,