[Mongrel] mongrel_service fails to get "service.exe" from ppid?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:56:00 EDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Also, I dropped win32-service support on previous releases
> > for a native, compiled implementation that don't hook or
> > crash the RubyVM used by Mongrel. Which worked better, until
> > users start jumping to x64 platforms ;-)
>
> Hm, I really need to revisit win32-service. The whole VC 6 vs VC 8 issue
> has proven to be annoying.

I have started using Windows SDK Update for Vista [1] which sport VC8
sp1, Platform SDK headers + MSDN help, using just 500MB of HDD. This
is the same compiler used by Visual Studio, and most important is
*free*

I'm trying to get everything setup and drop VC6 for good sake, even if
I have to recompile every extension available.

Maybe we could talk about this off the list if you're interested?

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ff6467e6-5bba-4bf5-b562-9199be864d29&displaylang=en

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems