[Mongrel] mongrel_service fails to get "service.exe" from ppid?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:25:51 EDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Maybe I could code some dynamic loading (like psapi in
> > proc_info) to workaround this case scenario.
> >
> > Please let me know the results.
> Are you just trying to get process information? The sys-proctable
> package works on MS Windows. I dropped the psapi approach a long time
> ago in favor of OLE + WMI. So long as the WMI service is running, it
> should work on any Windows platform.

Thanks Dan for the information, but OLE + WMI is overkill for the
task. Since I support XP, 2003 and Vista on 32bits platforms, using
psapi way is what I wanted.

The dynamic loading of functions under x64 platforms is though, but
could work around it (also, waiting for my OEM Vista to arrive... damn
postal parcels!)

The funny thing is "So long as the WMI service is running" ;-)

Also, I dropped win32-service support on previous releases for a
native, compiled implementation that don't hook or crash the RubyVM
used by Mongrel. Which worked better, until users start jumping to x64
platforms ;-)

Guess that my platform upgrade will be sooner than expected.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi