[Mongrel] a new upload progress bar

Ry Dahl ry at tinyclouds.org
Mon Apr 2 06:34:06 EDT 2007

I'm modifying techno weenie's progress bar plug-in. Currently it works
by making the browser poll the server, via AJAX, for updates on amount
received. My plug-in provides a handler which will stream updates on
the amount received, thus only one request needs to be made. Also, the
progress can be updated at faster rates since the client doesn't need
to poll. This should reduce loads on both server and client.

It's a work in progress but check it out: