[Mongrel] Request URI Length Override

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 19:59:11 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06, Gregg Pollack <greggpollack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please help,
>
>      Does anyone know how to override the Mongrel request URI limits
> built in?  I know it was set at a 512 byte limit, but my application
> will not work with this in place.
>
>      Why do I need a larger limit?  I've written a rails application
> that uses a bookmarklet to send large amounts of data from site to
> site.  The only way to do this is (and keep it cross browser
> compatible) is by building and sending a large URI.

I'm sure it's right there in the source, just search for the string
512.  It's probably in mongrel.rb or defined in a file in the
ext/http11 directory.  But why do you think that is the only way to
keep it cross browser compatible?  I can't imagine that being true, as
what you are doing is considered bad practice and prone to causing
problems for you down the road.

Chris