[Mongrel] Mongrel Processes Dying

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 10:38:44 EDT 2006

On 9/26/06, mongrel_users at homerlex.mailshell.com

> We have ruby 1.8.4, Rails 1.1.0 (upgrading soon), MySql 4.1 running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> ES release 4, Apache 2.2, mongrel-0.3.13.3, mongrel_cluster-0.2.0
>
> I saw the following messages in the mongrel.log but not sure if theay are related to the
> processes dying.  It would be nice if the log had date/time for each entry!
>
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:562: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i686-linux]

Segmentation faults are bad.

That said, those segfaults are at this line:

      s = timeout(@open_timeout) { TCPSocket.open(conn_address(), conn_port()) }

Which is curious.  I don't know where, in your version of Mongrel,
that would be called.  I've crawled all through the Mongrel source,
and the only places that I see Net::HTTP usage are in the tests.

Kirk Haines