[Mongrel] mongrel.pid disappearing

Massimo Santoli massimo at zero.it
Mon Sep 25 11:59:08 EDT 2006

Zed,

It seems that the issues is fixed.
I'll explain better again:
The missing mongrel.pid file problem was reported by the mongrel_rails
mongrel::stop command when I noticed that the the mongrel server stop
responding
and I was trying to stop it, actually sometimes the pid file was there
but the mongrel stop command reported that the file was missing.

Again I noticed this problem because my configuration ( apache 2.0.59 +
mod_proxy + 1 mongrel task )   stopped respoding after a couple of hours
it had been launched, also contacting directly the mongrel server didn't
work.

Looking around various thread I've found for a similar problem : mongrel
stopping responding, due to a bug in apache 2.2.x and it could be solved
by adding:
SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

I've modified the server configuration and now it's over 8 hours that
the server is running fine.

Hope this solved the problem

I'll let you know and if you want I can try to reproduce the bug.

Massimo