[Mongrel] mongrel.pid disappearing

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Sep 25 05:19:01 EDT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:50:07 +0200
Massimo Santoli <massimo at zero.it> wrote:

> Hi to everybody,
>
> This my first post on the list.
> I'm a newby of mongrel & rails, I've deployed my first project and
> everything seems to work fine, the only problem I have is the following:
> After about 1 or 2 days of the mongrel_rails daemon running the
> mongrel.pid in the log directory disappears, the mongrel process is
> still there running
> but doesn't respond anymore.
> I have a very simple configuration an Apache webserver configured as
> proxy-pass to the mongrel ( single process ) daemon answering on port 8080.
> Its a demo project thus the traffic is practically 0.

Hi Massimo, first thing I'd think of is that you have some sort of build process that clears the log directory.  Are you running a rake task that does this, or running capistrano and it's doing this?  I vaguely remember something like rake clear_logs doing this.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/