[Mongrel] mongrel.pid disappearing

Massimo Santoli massimo at zero.it
Mon Sep 25 02:50:07 EDT 2006

Hi to everybody,

This my first post on the list.
I'm a newby of mongrel & rails, I've deployed my first project and
everything seems to work fine, the only problem I have is the following:
After about 1 or 2 days of the mongrel_rails daemon running the
mongrel.pid in the log directory disappears, the mongrel process is
still there running
but doesn't respond anymore.
I have a very simple configuration an Apache webserver configured as
proxy-pass to the mongrel ( single process ) daemon answering on port 8080.
Its a demo project thus the traffic is practically 0.

Any hints?
Thanks,
Massimo