[Mongrel] How do you use Mongrel?

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:34:14 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Ed Hickey <bassnode at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're not doing anything too unique, but:
> 3 web servers and w/ a DB cluster on the backend:
> -F5 load balancer in front of 2 of the web servers (no software balancer)
> -the third server is running Apache as a balancer
> -each server has10 mongrels running
> we're having some other intermittent speeds issues, but i believe it's a
> DB/Rails problem and can't blame mongrel.  we're in beta and consistently
> serving a couple requests per second all day long without real issue.  not
> bad indeed.

Is your application _really_ computation intensive?  It boggles my
mind that something running 3 web servers (single processor boxes?)
with a separate db cluster (2 servers?) and 30 processes to handle it
all could be having intermittent speed issues while serving only a
couple requests per second.

Kirk Haines