[Mongrel] Static files in public

Kris Leech krisleech at interkonect.com
Fri Sep 22 04:22:49 EDT 2006

Thanks for the replies, I have read the apache page in the mongrel docs
already, I guess I didnt explain too well, but what I do get is that if
Apache and Mongrel are on the same physical machine that you can set
Apache's DocumentRoot to the public folder and it would look there for
static files first. But if Apache and Mongrel are on different machines
Apache does not have access to the files in public...

I hope that makes my question a bit clearer?

Many thanks.