[Mongrel] Mongrel spinning on read_multipart

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Sep 22 03:54:48 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 20:57 -0400, Ian C. Blenke wrote:
> On Zed's suggestion, I caught two new spinning mongrels and sent a
> SIGUSR2. The code appears to be stuck in read_multipart for both processes:

Hey Ian, can you give me some more information on this?

1) What is being uploaded and what are the average sizes and content
types?
2) Does the process stay pegged for a long time (like never ends) or is
it possible that the mime processing is just taking longer than you
expect?
3) How often does this happen?
4) Operating system particulars, and Ruby version.

Thanks.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/