[Mongrel] Static files in public

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:58:33 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Kris Leech <krisleech at interkonect.com> wrote:
> My question is about the static files in the Rails public folder. These
> files should be served by Apache instead of Mongrel, so do I need to
> upload these files to Apache's htdoc's or will Apache cache them the
> first time they are requested from Mongrel... Im not sure how this works?
>
> Many

Please search through the mailing list. Someone explained nicely, how
rewrite rules that you probably copied from mongrel page...searches
for the existence of a file....it it finds the requested file...well
apache serves it..otherwise it assumes, a dynamic request and forwards
it to mongrel.

--
There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.