[Mongrel] How do you use Mongrel?

Vishnu Gopal g.vishnu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:08:05 EDT 2006

Hey,

We use the following elements for our deployment:

1. A hardware load balancer with two servers as backends, each running:
2. One lighttpd instance, routed to a pound acting as a load balancer, each
with:
3. Two mongrel instances.
4. A monit process on each server monitoring pound, lighty & mongrel.
5. A separate database server with monit running on that too.

In addition, adding Capistrano's cap stop and start_mongrel_cluster magic
scripts to the way we deploy.

Mongrel's been amazing.
Vish