[Mongrel] How do you use Mongrel?

Carl Lerche carl.lerche at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:47:40 EDT 2006

Well, right now I use mongrel for deploying my live rails apps. Pretty
standard I guess. I've currently been using mongrel_cluster, but I
would like to eventually use some kind of process monitoring (monit?).
I have yet to really look into it though. The book really should cover
how to use mongrel with capistrano since it seems to be the "standard"
deployment method. I'm also working on an application that would
require to track bandwidth sent out per user (members upload files and
get x amount of MB of bandwidth a month). I'm thinking of writing a
mongrel handler and doing it like that, but I'm not sure if that's the
best way or not.

-carl