[Mongrel] proxying and mongrel

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Sep 20 23:50:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 19:22 -0500, Doug Selph wrote:
> I have been running a proxied mongrel-hosted app behind apache 2.0
> (don't need clustering) for several months, and loving it. In that
> instance, I am proxying the root of the virtual host to mongrel.
> I am now in a situation where I need to proxy a directory name to
> mongrel for a new application, and not having any success. I saw Zed's
> mention of the --prefix option in, so I have updated to that
> release.

Run your mongrel with -B, hit it with a few requests, then go look at
log/mongrel_debug/rails.log to see what is being passed to rails.  Then
look at mongrel.log (or the console) to see what request paths are
coming in to mongrel from apache.

It's most likely just the wrong paths coming from apache.