[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel Pre-Release -- QUERY_STRING Fixed

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 22:54:22 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Jonathan <rise at knavery.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:14:34 -0700 Zed Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> > Correction, NOW the win32 gems are up.
> > I really gotta either get vmware or wine going for cross builds so I
> > can automate this.
> If it'd help I've got a VMware Workstation license sitting unused I'd
> be happy to give you the key for.  I'm not sure if the EULA
> specifically allows or forbids this, but I know someone at the
> director level over there and I'm comfortable with the ethics after a
> few of the conversations we've had.  Frankly for every version from 2
> on I've bought a license for a project, used it for a couple of months
> maximum, and stuck it on the shelf.

I mailed Zed about doing a build bot automation farm, so each release
on Linux, Windows or whatever other OS we decide to support could be
automatically checked out and build, later sent result to
mongrel-builds list.

I was thinking on BuildBot (http://buildbot.sourceforge.net), a Python
tool, but too complex for starters.

Maybe Cerberus? (http://cerberus.rubyforge.org/) will be a better option?

Anyway, I have a 1 Windows XP and 1 Windows 2000 unused licenses, or
maybe I could build a Windows PE + VC2003 (which will run and reboot
after 24hs running). That could be run inside VMWare Player or

Ok, just an idea.