[Mongrel] proxying and mongrel 0.3.13.4

Doug Selph dselph at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 20:22:30 EDT 2006

I have been running a proxied mongrel-hosted app behind apache 2.0
(don't need clustering) for several months, and loving it. In that
instance, I am proxying the root of the virtual host to mongrel.

I am now in a situation where I need to proxy a directory name to
mongrel for a new application, and not having any success. I saw Zed's
mention of the --prefix option in 0.3.13.4, so I have updated to that
release.

Is this what should work?

In httpd.conf:
ProxyPass /thisapp http://localhost:7000/
ProxyPassReverse /thisapp http://localhost:7000/

Mongrel startup cmd:
/usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails start -d --prefix=/thisapp -p 7000 -a
127.0.0.1 -l log/mongrel.log -P log/mongrel.pid -n 200 --user myuser
--group mygroup

With this setup, apache is logging a 404, but the 404 page being
returned to the client looks to be mongrel's (simply says, "NOT
FOUND").

Running `links http://localhost:7000/` from the colsole of the server
gives me the default page for the rails app, so that piece is working.

Am I just missing something that should be obvious?

Thanks,
Doug