[Mongrel] thank you

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Wed Sep 20 19:35:11 EDT 2006

I recently got into using RoR, and the only issue that concerned me was the
apparently complexity of deployment. Setting up fastcgi can be a bit of a
pain, and I was hoping that the Rails community would come up with something

Mongrel was recommended to me from someone on my local Ruby user group. It was
trivial to install as a Gem on my Linux desktop and the FreeBSD server that I
am deploying on. It was trivial to supervise via Runit, to ensure high
availability of the service. It was trivial to Proxy to from Apache.

The site I'm working on is now run via mongrel through apache, trivial to set

Thank you.

direction." --Albert Einstein