[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel Pre-Release -- QUERY_STRING Fixed

Ian C. Blenke ian at blenke.com
Wed Sep 20 18:34:09 EDT 2006

Jonathan wrote:

> I really gotta either get vmware or wine going for cross builds so I
>>can automate this.
>If it'd help I've got a VMware Workstation license sitting unused I'd
>be happy to give you the key for.  I'm not sure if the EULA
>specifically allows or forbids this, but I know someone at the
>director level over there and I'm comfortable with the ethics after a
>few of the conversations we've had.  Frankly for every version from 2
>on I've bought a license for a project, used it for a couple of months
>maximum, and stuck it on the shelf.

VMWare Player and VMWare Server are both "free" (as in beer if not
libre), and there's always Fabrice Bellard's wonderful QEMU + kqemu.

Anymore, the larger licensing issue is the underlying operating system
you're building on, not the virtualization platform.

Having fought to build cross build chains for win32 mozilla plugins
under cygwin, you really just start to yearn for something native after
a while. Also, the mozilla win32 tinderbox builds are seem to be running
from virtual machines from what I can tell (I could very well be wrong).

- Ian C. Blenke <ian at blenke.com> http://ian.blenke.com/