[Mongrel] Why Rails + mongrel_cluster + load balancing doesn't work for us and the beginning of a solution

Joshua Sierles jsierles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 18:14:13 EDT 2006

I have to chime in and agree with Zed here. We had similar problems at
MOG, and came to the conclusion that solving the delegation problem is
just curing the symptoms. By systematically offloading a lot of slow
requests to background processes, we got more flexibility and the
ability to check the progress of such events.

I'd say the general consensus is that any page that needs more than a
few seconds to load needs optimization or offloading.

Joshua Sierles