[Mongrel] [Slightly OT] Uploading files with firefox

Brad Ediger brad at bradediger.com
Wed Sep 20 16:18:05 EDT 2006

Well, a quick Google search seems to indicate that this is a
widespread problem with uploads and FF/1.5. (Enough so that some
sites list this issue in their FAQs).

It seems to happen under one of two circumstances:

1) Script takes too long to execute
2) Server takes too long to respond or is not available.

Barring #2, I would see if there are other scripts running
concurrently that might be blocked by a long file upload. I would
imagine that if you had a number of JS-intensive extensions installed
(View Formatted Source, Web Developer, Adblock, etc.), they might be
causing this error. Just a guess, though... I'm out of my league now.

I have my dom.max_script_run_time set to 10 and I only very rarely
get this warning while a script is still running (i.e., not locked up.)

--be