[Mongrel] [Slightly OT] Uploading files with firefox

Brad Ediger brad at bradediger.com
Tue Sep 19 23:28:37 EDT 2006

I'm not seeing this problem at all. I'm using mongrel 0.3.13.3 and
mongrel_upload_progress 0.1. Firefox 1.5.0.7. I'm not using the
helpers, however -- I'm using some heavily-hacked code on the client
side because of some special requirements. Contact me off-list to
discuss the code -- it's not available for public consumption (yet,
hopefully.)

I don't see why you should have a long-running script anyway. The
form should post to an iframe and then set up a PeriodicalExecuter
(which in turn uses setInterval). If I'm not mistaken, that function
should return immediately. As long as you're using asynchronous
requests for the updates, you shouldn't block. But I have been known
to be wrong before, and I could be wrong now. ;-)

--be