[Mongrel] [Slightly OT] Uploading files with firefox

Michael Kovacs kovacs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 21:51:04 EDT 2006

I have been successfully using the latest mongrel and upload progress
plugin with safari but firefox seems to have some issues with any
request
that takes longer than 5 seconds to complete. You get the "Warning:
Unresponsive Script" screen. Apparently this problem is fixable by
following this:

http://computer-vet.com/weblog/2006/04/28/
firefox_warning_unresponsive_script.html

Telling my users to go there and do that is not something that I'm
willing to do, so I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how to
change this on the
fly or if there's some other trick to make firefox behave during a
file upload? Or are others not seeing this problem at all?

-Michael
http://javathehutt.blogspot.com