[Mongrel] [ANN] Finally! Mongrel Official (for Unix)

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:07:54 EDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Neil Wilson <neil at aldur.co.uk> wrote:

> Is it time to step back and consider what Mongrel is about? Is it the

I would agree with this.

> wrapper around Rails (in which case couldn't it be a lot simpler. Automatic
> cluster and eliminate the thread code so that Mongrel simply refuses
> connections if the dispatcher is operational)? Or do you intend that it
> should be more than that?

Mongrel is being used as a preferred way for Nitro users to deploy
Nitro apps, and it will soon become an important way for IOWA users to
deploy apps in that framework, as well.  In addition, Camping users
employ it as a primary deployment vehicle, too.  It is already heavily
rails leaning, since that is the primary market, but from where I sit,
it would be a shame to move more in that direction while sacraficing
capability, as that starts to cut some of the other Mongrel users out
of the picture.

> What does the dog want to grow up to be?

Good question.

Kirk Haines