[Mongrel] Mongrel and Sandbox

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sat Sep 16 18:19:38 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 10:28 -0700, Joe Ruby wrote:
> Z-Man,
> DHH recently said:
> "And [_why's] latest work on sandbox looks stellar.
> Making it drop-dead easy to run multiple Rails
> applications in the same Mongrel process without
> conflicts. Thumbs up to both him and Matz for getting
> Sandbox on track for inclusion with the next Ruby
> release."
Oh I didn't know he'd gotten it that together.  Nice.

Now if Matz could just be bothered to fix those memory leaks and help
get rid of the 1024 file limit I think I'd be one happy fellow. :-)

> Does that mean what I think it means - that one or
> more Mongrel processes may one day be able to serve
> multiple Rails apps? Or something wacky like that?

Yep, well for _why it's at least to run multiple separated camping apps,
but Rails is the holy grail for sure.

Not sure how incredibly smart and/or stupid this will be but man it'd
sure make a few people's day.

> Thanks,
> Joe Ruby
Hey, I don't remember you at the last course...