[Mongrel] Running some code right before the app is available to users

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Sep 13 09:16:41 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 12:30 +0100, Pedro Côrte-Real wrote:
> On 9/12/06, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net> wrote:
> > Since mongrel can't process any requests it
> > would make more sense to only start listening on the port after rails
> > boots.
>
> Do you disagree with this? Is it very hard to do? Would you consider
> changing the behaviour to that?

I think Pedro that you might have to look for another solution before
you try to get me to change the core of mongrel.  I'm pretty sure there
are plenty of other ways to do what you need and your requirements are
particular to what you do.  Not brushing you off, I just have to pick
where I apply my time and this change would most likely break other
established plugins and things.

If you get desperate then crack open the mongrel_rails, throw your code
at the top and call it mongrel_pedro_rails.  That's what I'd do.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/