[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel Upload Progress 0.2 -- With Instructions and Examples

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Sep 12 09:10:53 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 11:15 +0200, Kaspar Schiess wrote:
> Hello all,
> Is it just me or are the upload plugin instructions all buggy? I had to
> change the following bits of code:
> - FilesController#progress: #check is an instance method if the
> Singleton Mongrel::Uploads, so Uploads.instance.check instead of
> Uploads.check.
You sure you're using the right version?  You need the stuff available
currently from the pre-release. So, if you didn't do:

gem install mongrel mongrel_upload_progress

Then you've got the wrong one.

> - Not a problem of the instructions per se, but worth mentioning:
> Lighttpd seems to buffer the whole upload and then send it all at once
> to a proxied mongrel instance behind it. So that won't give you any
> progress bar at all. Pound as a frontend behaves much better.
Interesting to know.  I know Rick uses litespeed so I'm curious what he

> I hope to be of help with this tale of experience made. Really nice work
> on the plugin guys, thank you a lot. Zed, thanks for Mongrel, it has
> given me confidence about rails deployment for the first time - have
> tried all other magic bullets, and most of them didn't quite work.

Thanks Kaspar.  Much appreciated.

Zed A. Shaw