[Mongrel] fckeditor works, but i cant get my buttons back...

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Sep 11 17:31:51 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 08:34 -0600, Kirk Haines wrote:
> On 9/11/06, Eoin Curran <eoin at peelmeagrape.net> wrote:
> > I had something similar I think - after getting the mongrel config right
> > I had to clear the browser cache before fckeditor worked properly.
> > Presumably the browser had cached the incorrect content type.
>
> So long as the content type of the files are returned correctly, there
> should be no problem with FCKeditor through mongrel.  I have a site
> working under IOWA+Mongrel that is using fckeditor in its CMS without
> any problem.
>
> Mongrel defines a content type for .js files:
>
>      ".js"         =>  "text/javascript",
>
> That does beg a question, though, Zed.  Why text/javascript and not
> application/javascript?  text/javascript is considered obsolete by the
> RFC, in favor of application/javascript.
>
> Note that Austin Zeigler's mime/types library, while it has the mime
> type defined in it, it does not tie it to the .js file suffix.  I
> think this is an oversight and have emailed Austin about it, but if
> you use mime/types for anythng, be aware of this.

Uh, I got that from the lighttpd mime types everyone is using.  I
believe I've had a few people say the few mime types mongrel has are
wrong, but when they go look them up they are only "technically" wrong.
In practice old ass browsers from companies in WA still don't have a
clue.

That being said, if you need to change it then that's why mongrel
accepts the mime yaml file.  Those types were just the bare minimum to
get a rails app up.  YMMV.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/