[Mongrel] fckeditor works, but i cant get my buttons back...

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:34:46 EDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Eoin Curran <eoin at peelmeagrape.net> wrote:
> I had something similar I think - after getting the mongrel config right
> I had to clear the browser cache before fckeditor worked properly.
> Presumably the browser had cached the incorrect content type.

So long as the content type of the files are returned correctly, there
should be no problem with FCKeditor through mongrel.  I have a site
working under IOWA+Mongrel that is using fckeditor in its CMS without
any problem.

Mongrel defines a content type for .js files:

     ".js"         =>  "text/javascript",

That does beg a question, though, Zed.  Why text/javascript and not
application/javascript?  text/javascript is considered obsolete by the
RFC, in favor of application/javascript.

Note that Austin Zeigler's mime/types library, while it has the mime
type defined in it, it does not tie it to the .js file suffix.  I
think this is an oversight and have emailed Austin about it, but if
you use mime/types for anythng, be aware of this.

Kirk Haines