[Mongrel] mongrel proxies waiting endlessly

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 03:17:04 EDT 2006

Well Zed,

I i turned on USR1 debugging and all that stuff.....and I am *sometimes* get
the above stated error.

You might have seen...some of the my earlier code snippets where I depend
upon the external data vending servers for data...and i timeout those
requests..depending upon the request type.

Now..that stuff is out bottleneck...mongrel threads often keep waiting
there. Though I have never seen 900 threads waiting....but sometime i DO get
27 threads waiting and all that stuff. And once i get this, I will have to
restart the mongrel. Basically I am going to further optimise my code..but I
would really like to know, whats the following error:

Tue Sep 05 03:56:40 IST 2006: ERROR: Transport endpoint is not connected -
> getpeername(2)
> Tue Sep 05 03:59:21 IST 2006: ERROR: Transport endpoint is not connected -
> getpeername(2)
> Tue Sep 05 03:59:21 IST 2006: ERROR: Transport endpoint is not connected -
> getpeername(2)
> Tue Sep 05 03:59:47 IST 2006: ERROR: Transport endpoint is not connected -
> getpeername(2)
> Tue Sep 05 03:59:47 IST 2006: ERROR: Transport endpoint is not connected -
> getpeername(2)

Just tell me...when exactly mongrel throws this error?