[Mongrel] Recommendation: Faster Can't Help 2

Carl Lerche carl.lerche at verizon.net
Sun Sep 10 16:57:16 EDT 2006

Also, is there any documentation or tutorials out there on the best
way to use something like ruby-prof to tune a rails app? I just kind
of have been including profiler code to tune various sections and
what not that I knew were slower. Most of my applications aren't
incredibly complex so I know that the main points with them are to
watch for bad SQL queries and not to instantiate too many objects
from these queries. But, when I'm working on a really complex web
app, should I launch mongrel with ruby-prof and kind of test the
whole thing or should I keep working on tuning specific parts?

In short, all my tuning abilities have come from just messing around
and using my own logic (for better or worse) as to how I should go
about tuning. Are there any resources for me to better improve my
ability at tuning apps?

Thanks,
-carl