[Mongrel] Debugging not triggered...

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 12:22:03 EDT 2006

I may be guessing...but which log file you are trying to see.
All the USR1 debugging messages would go in mongrel.log ( and on the console
if you are running it in the foreground)

Works as expected here.try killall -USR1 mongrel_rails as mongrel user
(because thats the id i expect..you would use for running mongrel cluster,
unless i am quite mistaken)

On 9/9/06, Brett Walker <lapomme00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I re-installed the gem, and tried sudo.  Neither helped.  Killing
> using the pid worked, as expected.  But it's a pain for a cluster.
>
> What about an addtion to mongrel_cluster to toggle the debug state.
>
>    mongrel_rails cluster::debug
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> On 9/9/06, Zed Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 02:52 +0800, Brett Walker wrote:
> > > I tried using the
> > >
> > >    killall -USR1 mongrel_rails
> > >
> > > to check on a problem, and all I get is
> > >
> > >    mongrel_rails: no process killed
> > >
> > > Nothing shows in the log.  Any ideas?  I'm using the latest
> > > pre-release, and a 'ps' shows my cluster is running.
> >
> > First, make sure you got the pre-release:
> >
> > gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
> >
> > Then if killall -USR1 mongrel_rails don't work you'll have to find the
> > PID of the processes and use kill manually.
> >

> > --
> > Zed A. Shaw
> > http://www.zedshaw.com/
> > http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/