[Mongrel] LiteSpeed

Nick Sieger nicksieger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 17:37:38 EDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Kirk Haines <wyhaines at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/8/06, Zed Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 13:13 -0700, Joe Ruby wrote:
> > > Yeah, that was the first thought I had about the JRuby
> > > news -- here come the enterprisey people. :(
> >
> > Nah, the JRuby guys are cool, if anything evil happens it'll be due to
> > something outside their control.
> Will mongrel (just mongrel, not Rails) run under JRuby right now?

Not yet, but it's getting close.   An interesting development happened
recently when the "Ragel guy" (sorry I don't know his name) approached
Charlie and told him he had built a Ragel -> Java code generator which
should help the porting process quite a bit and help it get closer to the
main Mongrel codebase (at least in theory).  Ask over at one of the JRuby
lists [1] for more details if you're interested.

[1] http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/jruby/lists