[Mongrel] Multiple rails apps with Mongrel

anjan bacchu anjan.summit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 14:05:56 EDT 2006

Hi All,

On 9/8/06, Charles Brian Quinn <me at seebq.com> wrote:
> I starred this conversation so that I would remember to add it to the
> Apache best practices documentation I wrote for mongrel.  Consider it
> done (soon).
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/apache.html
> I am waiting for pre-release to go live before adding prefix related
> information to the page, though.
> As for your books on deployment, Ezra and Zed may have you covered here
> soon.
> On 9/8/06, zer0halo <zerohalo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/8/06, Joey Geiger <jgeiger at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > ProxyPass /app1
> > > ProxyPassReverse /app1
> > >
> > As a side comment, it would be great if someone wrote a book on Rails
> > deployment, as that seems to stump a lot of people (including a
> long-time
> > PHP coder friend of mine who I convinced to try Rails, which he did and
> > found the "joy of development" but also experienced the "pain of
> > deployment"), and is a stumbling-block to Rails adoption. There is info
> out
> > there but it takes a lot of digging, googling, asking on mailing lists,
> etc.
> > Some solid documentation covering various platforms and situations would
> be
> > a God-send, I think.
> >
> > Thanks very much to all on this list who helped me with this.
> >
> > --

  Not sure what topics Ezra and others are gonna cover in their books on
Rails deployment, but it appears that there isn't a lot of people who grok
Apache deployment issues. I hope that Ezra and others will take the
challenge of the following quote from
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/apache.html "These instructions by Philip
Hallstrom should get you started, but refer to the Apache folks for anything
more complex or weird."