[Mongrel] Namespace collions "cluster"

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Sep 8 11:29:06 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 11:03 -0400, Charles Brian Quinn wrote:
> Wouldn't that go find the mongrel one instead?
> ::Class lookups start at the root of the chain, and mongrel, loading
> up your application is probably in the front in this case.
> I am curious about this -- we had a similar conflict with a
> ferret_index model called Store (store.rb), and ultimately balked and
> renamed our model.

It's tough because someone has to win.  Mongrel tries to stay out of the
way, but there's some stuff that needs to be named certain ways for
simplicity.  I'm working on a few changes to make it so that the
commands are in a Mongrel module, which should simplify things but it'll
involve changing a few of the gem_plugins which I know will piss people

So for now you'll have to change your model.

Zed A. Shaw