[Mongrel] Namespace collions "cluster"

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Fri Sep 8 11:03:39 EDT 2006

Wouldn't that go find the mongrel one instead?

::Class lookups start at the root of the chain, and mongrel, loading
up your application is probably in the front in this case.

I am curious about this -- we had a similar conflict with a
ferret_index model called Store (store.rb), and ultimately balked and
renamed our model.

On 9/8/06, Jens Kraemer <kraemer at webit.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 03:40:25PM +0200, Jens-Christian Fischer wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I have a rails application that has been deployed with
> > mongrel_cluster. My application contains a model "Cluster.rb" and now
> > I run into namespacing problems when accessing the Cluster class (the
> > Mongrel:Cluster module get's to try to resolve method calls which
> > leads to a embarrassing NoMethodFound errors)
> >
> > I have started renaming my model, but I wonder what the "safe" way of
> > handling namespace conflicts is.
>
> referencing your model class with ::Cluster could work.
>
> Jens
>
> --
> webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH          www.webit.de
> Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer       kraemer at webit.de
> Schnorrstraße 76                         Tel +49 351 46766  0
> D-01069 Dresden                          Fax +49 351 46766 66

Charles Brian Quinn
self-promotion: www.seebq.com
highgroove studios: www.highgroove.com
slingshot hosting: www.slingshothosting.com