[Mongrel] Multiple rails apps with Mongrel

Alexander Kabanov shurikk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 23:19:42 EDT 2006

hi,

I've missed parts of this conversation, but I can tell you:

1. in config/routes.rb insert line
ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root = "/app1"

2. create a symlink in app1 "public": ln -s . app1

3. start mongrel or webrick
ruby script/server OR
mongrel_rails start -p 3000

4.  connect directly to the server (without proxy) and test your application
http://domain:3000/app1/

I'm 100% sure it will work

have fun!

--Alex