[Mongrel] LiteSpeed

anjan bacchu anjan.summit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 22:02:03 EDT 2006

Hi Zed,

> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 13:35 -0700, Joe Ruby wrote:
> > Yo Zed,
> >
> ....imagine what a company actually seriously offering
> an Enterprise Application Server could do?
>
> Hopefully they can get their heads out of their ass and beat Sun to the
> punch:
>
> http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2006/09/07/JRuby-guys
>
> I'm betting everyone $0.01 that Sun has a Rails Enterprise Server by the
> end of the year, or that one of their JCP Oligarchy partners claims
> support for it.  You watch.
>
> Funny thing is they'll be running Mongrel (unless Sun changes that up
> too).
>
> Anyway, gonna be interesting.

I'm thinking that Sun would like to have JRuby running on their existing
appServers like GlassFish/Tomcat (instead of on other appServers). Sun
intially wants to have developers use their tools like Netbeans or
Creator/Semplice(VB for java) to develop ruby/rails code. It would not hurt
us ruby/rails guys to use good IDEs(provided they are ruby/rails specific).
Hopefully, sun can contribute nicely for defining the Ruby Programming
Lanugage Specification so that there is a consistent implementation in the
CRuby, Java Ruby and I'm almost sure C# RUBY(.NET)). Sun can contribute in
terms of i18n support, threading and monitoring tools/API.

Yeah, it sure's gonna be interesting.

--
BR,
Anjan Bacchu