[Mongrel] Multiple rails apps with Mongrel

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 21:09:56 EDT 2006

Thanks, everyone for trying to help me solve this. I tried both Alex's and
Eoin's changes, but alas to no avail.

After applying Eoin's addition to environment.rb, the URL

does correctly redirect to the default controller and method:

however when method 'items' redirects to method 'list', the output is

(no app1)

which sends the app into an endless loop.

I keep getting the feeling the solution is somehow in routes.rb, but I don't
know what. My routes.rb is very simple. The root route  is:

map.connect '', :controller => 'items'

default route is the usual:

map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'

(I thought maybe changing the default route to
map.connect'/app1/:controller/:action/:id' would work, but it gives a
failed" error.

"Impossible is nothing."