[Mongrel] How to setup a sweeper to restart stale or hung mongrel servers

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 18:08:34 EDT 2006

On 9/7/06, Jared Brown <jaredbrown at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I setup a sweeper to restart stale or hung mongrel servers?

If Mongel servers are hanging, doesn't that suggest some sort of very
ungood bug somewhere, most likely in the application code somewhere?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but a hanging server seems
like it falls into the category of things that just should not happen,
and that it'd be worthwhile to get to the bottom of why it is
happening before working around the fact that it is happening.

Kirk Haines