[Mongrel] Multiple rails apps with Mongrel

Bryan Thompson bryan at galisys.com
Thu Sep 7 17:35:24 EDT 2006

I think this is basically how we're doing it.

<Proxy balancer://app1balancer>
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:6000
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:6001
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:6002
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:6003
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:6004
</Proxy>

<Proxy balancer://app2balancer>
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:7000
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:7001
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:7002
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:7003
	BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:7004
</Proxy>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ProxyPass /app1/images !
	ProxyPass /app1/stylesheets !
	#continue with other static files that should be served by apache

	ProxyPass /app2/images !
	ProxyPass /app2/stylesheets !
	#continue with other static files that should be served by apache

	Alias /app1/images /path/to/public/images
	Alias /app1/stylesheets /path/to/public/stylesheets
	#continue with aliases for static content

	Alias /app2/images /path/to/public/images
	Alias /app2/stylesheets /path/to/public/stylesheets
	#continue with aliases for static content

	ProxyPass /app1 balancer://app1balancer
	ProxyPass /app2 balancer://app1balancer
</VirtualHost>

Bryan