[Mongrel] Upload progress and limiting file sizes

Mike Evans mike at harmonypark.net
Thu Sep 7 17:01:57 EDT 2006

Thanks to all concerned with the implementation of the Upload
Progress plugin, it works really well.

I want to limit the size of files to be uploaded to say 10Mb. Is
there any way for Mongrel to 'refuse' to upload files over a certain
size and then pass an error onto Rails in order to display feedback
to the user? I don't really want to have to upload the whole file and
then delete it if it's over the limit.

What about the possibility of a user cancelling an upload that's
currently in progress?

Apologies if these questions are naive, but I've always taken web
servers for granted so am very much a newb.