[Mongrel] LiteSpeed

Rick Olson technoweenie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 16:45:16 EDT 2006

On 9/7/06, Joe Ruby <joeat303 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yo Zed,
>
> Just curious -- what do you think of the LiteSpeed
> server? Is it better than Lighty? Does it (gasp!) also
> serve Rails apps like Mongrel? I think I read that
> LiteSpeed doesn't have proxying support.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

It does have proxying support, but it doesn't have any mod_rewrite
capabilities before proxying last I checked.  This makes it a lousy
frontend for Mongrel.  But all the claims of speed and ease-of-setup
are with Litespeed's proprietary LSAPI, and not mongrel.

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net